25 October 2008

I gotta say...


when I saw the color combo for this week's Color Throwdown challenge on their blog...the use Ballet Blue, Green Galore and Creamy Caramel and a bit of Chocolate Chip, I was all YUCK! Running Away

But then I thought, welllll...I can try it I guess...I never use some of those colors so if I hate the card, I can just throw it away. hehe

But, I ended up not hating it. In fact, I kinda like it. And if you look REAAAAALLLLLYYYYY closely, you can see the Green Galore cardstock outlining the patterned paper. :D

What I used: SU CS, GP White, Memento ink, Copic markers, Pink Cat Studio stamp, DCWV PP, Shimmerz Paints in Celery, buttons and floss. I used a white gel pen to put on some faux stitching.

That's all folks! Thanks for stopping in!

But before you go, don't forget to enter my blog candy for a $25 gift certificate to All That Scraps! ~~>CLICK HERE TO ENTER<~~ They carry Pink Cat Studios stamps and Shimmerz Paints and I'm pretty sure Inkssentials white gel pens, too. :D

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Jennifer, this is adorable. It was a challenge to put these colors together, but I think you did an awesome job. Those Pink Cat stamps are so cute, and I love the DP & buttons! Thanks for playing, and come back again!
LeAnne

Cindy Haffner said...

Jennifer you rocked these colors, love the kitty.

~amy~ said...

GREAT job on the color challenge!

Happy Crafter said...

Wow you made the colours go together as if they were made for each other excellent job its fabulous and i love the kitty :)
Val xxx

Theresa Momber said...

This is a darling card. I love the layout. Wow, I thought your colors looked wonderful, but when I read your post and saw the colors listed, my first thought was "yuck," too. You totally rocked it though and made them look great!

Lee said...

You are so funny!! I love that "green galore peeking out" comment!!! That IS a hard color to use!!! This card is absolutely adorable, so you sure rocked the challenge!!