03 October 2008

Hope I didn't get your hopes up too much.

I figured out how to get the pictures from the camera with the cord...oof...I know...great achievement. LOL!

I didn't have a sketch or anything in front of me. All I had was my stamps, supplies and my own imagination. :D I stamped out the bear and then stamped out the monkey and cut the monkey off the bathtub, cut the tub and bubbles out, then glued it onto the stamped out bear. I added a few bubbles above the tub to draw attention away from the two circles on the tub at the to (peeking over the sides) were the monkey hands (at least I thought they were his hands.)

I think I may have found a new love. Have y'all heard of Shimmerz paints? OMW these paints are sooo glimmery! I was recently sent a jar to try out and BOY am I impressed! Can you see the glitteryness? (Hah...glitteryness...!) It is SUPERB!

I did a couple of different things with my Shimmerz paints on this card. First, I used a dry brush technique to add overall shimmer to the entire stamped image(after I colored with my Copics) and then I used it to highlight some areas of the bubbles and foam. Finally, I took one of my Prima flowers and just globbed some on one to put on her shower cap. :D I know that All That Scraps carries it. I hope they get some more of the colors in soon so I can get some more! What fun I'm having with just one pot! Wait 'til you see what else I did with it. hehe

Here is a close up of the shimmery parts. :)
Thanks for stopping by today!

What I used: C.C. Designs My Rubber Ducky Stamp Set, SU CS, Neenah CS, Basic Grey PP, Memento ink, Copic markers, Shimmerz Paints, Prima flowers, white gel pen, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Scor-Pal, May Arts ribbon, Making Memories rhinestone brad and a white brad. I also put a little glossy accents on the bubbles to make them shiny. :)





5 comments:

Lauri said...

ooh pretty! I have to get some of that paint!

Catherine said...

what? i waited and came back for this? SO.....TOTALLY WORTH IT! LOL!

I have this shimmers paint and love it. your card is just gorgeous. Hope you have a great weekend, Jennifer =)

Mary Dawn said...

definitely worth all the fan fare and fake non-technical-ness...i think its genius and so glittttttery!

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty Jennifer!! I have heard of those paints but don't have any yet...they are very shimmery!!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty in purple, love it.