31 October 2008

Bit out of my comfort zone...


I tried to sponge...and distress...and well, I'm not a huge, huge fan of it if I am to tell the truth. Others can do it flawlessly and make it look sooo awesome! But me? Notsomuch. Mine just looks dirty. LOL!

And a little about how I do my cards. I wonder if I'm a little backwards but it works (mostly) for me. But anyway....I pick out the stamp and the papers I want to use...then i stamp and color it in. Then I decide how best I want to display my stamped image. (I stamp it on a way bigger piece of stamping CS than I intend to use...but this gives me flexibility.) Sometimes I just cut it out and don't use my Nestabilities...but most times I like to use my Nestabilities...mainly due to sheer laziness. hehe After I've cut out my image, THEN I'll decide on a sketch to use. If I don't have a list of sketches that are out there all ready for me to cut and paste my stuff to my card, then I will draw it out in a little notebook. You should SEE some of the ugliness in that notebook. LOL!! So there you have it. Backwards Jennifer stamps again. hee!

Last day to enter my blog candy! I'll be picking a winner tonight right before I post my card or project for tomorrow. You can find it >~~~here<~~~.

Thanks for stopping by today!

What I used: Inkadinkado stamp, Basic Grey PP, SU CS, Neenah CS, Memento ink, Copic markers, Creamy Caramel ink for sponging, Vintage Photo distress ink for sponging, Making Memories sanding block, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder and Perfect Layers tool.


7 comments:

Maria said...

Hey, Jennifer! I love your card! It's beautiful and I think your distressing is awesome. . not dirty!! It looks "aged!". I guess distressing suppose to look a bit old and dirty, huh?

Love the dp and the image is beautiful!! Exceptional job!!

When I create a card, I color the image then look for a matching paper. Sometimes, it don't work out and I spend 1/2 an hour digging through my pile of dp to look for a paper that matches. I think I should do it your way! Much smarter!

Maria

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my gosh Jennifer, I love this card! I don't think it looks out of your comfort zone at all, you did it beautifully!! Have a fabulous weekend!! Kelly

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Girl,

I think this card turned out great. But I know what you mean when you say to you it doesn't look good. It actually looks really elegant to me.

Ok, I saw on Maria's blog that you said you are dressing up your doggie as a skunk - don't forget to post a photo, I wanna see!!!

As for card making, I create just like you most times. If I find a sketch I like though, it is easier for me to work from there. But what about color combos? How do you work on that? Color your image first, then find matching papers, or find the papers first, and then color according to your paper?

Ok sister - have an awesome Halloween Eve!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Julia said...

Your card looks great! Nor dirty. But I know what you mean...I always think my cards look dirty when I go for "vintage".

Jackie said...

I'm with you on the sponging the edges thing - I can never get it to turn out well but you did great! I have those birds and didn't think to use them for Christmas, but I might now. Thanks for sharing.

CreativeMish said...

I love your card! It turned out great! Distressing is my favorite!

Allison Rankin said...

Such a pretty creation!