29 August 2008

Busy, busy...

no time to craft! My brother and sister-in-law are due in tonight at midnight into San Francisco. Just for the weekend but still..yay! AND that means, OMW I HAVE TO CLEAN THAT ROOM! The guest room is also where I do my crafting. I don't have a lot...just a little here and there since I cleaned up some the other day.

Anyway, here is my card for today. On the All That Scraps blog, there was a challenge to make a scented card! Ooh mercy. I've never done anything like that! So, I used what I had to make a scented card. Okay, you know when you go to the car wash to have your car detailed and they put those little pieces of paper impregnated with scent under your car seat? They're teeny weeny but boy are they smelly. Well, I happen to have a few of those (new) so I cut off an eency weency piece of an apple cinnamon scented one (because a full one would be way too strong) and stuck it under a layer. It smells so divine!

And since I had gotten my NEW stamp sets from All That Scraps, I had to use this cute little girl. She is going to be so fun! I've got lots of fun things planned for her!

What I used: Olivia's Birdies from All That Scraps, Memento ink, Copic markers, ribbons, felt flowers from SU!, Neenah CS, SU! cardstock, Basic Grey paper (a new one..isn't it divine?!?), a brad, some stick on things for the corners, cuttlebug, nestabilities, cuttlebug embossing folder, white gel pen and a little apple button that I covered with glossy accents to make it shiny. :D

Sorry for the state of the photograph. I'm using the digital camera that I hate because I'm too lazy to find the power cord to charge the battery for the digital camera that I like. LOL I'm sure it is here in the office....somewhere. Anyway, I photoshopped the photo to try to make it look better and I'm pretty sure that it is a big bucket of FAIL on the photoshopping but whatever.

Thanks for stopping by today! Sorry to be so chatty.


5 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

What a great card Jennifer!! I lvoe the funky pattern paper and I bet it smells just awesome!! Have a great weekend:-) Kelly

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your sweet card, Happy week-end enjoy your company.

Crystal said...

Love that you gave Oliva an apple!!

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea for the scent, duh! why didn't I think of that?? Love the card girl!!

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Girlfriend!! I uploaded some of your Magnolia cards to my LC's gallery!!!

Big Hugs,
Jen