26 July 2008

Here is what I make when I'm tired...

It isn't good. LOL

Yesterday my DH left out for a 16 day boat trip with the Sea Scouts. This always freaks the dogs and cats out because, "OMG WHERE IS DAAADDD?" So last night I had the entire menagerie on top of me in bed. I could put the dogs in the crate, but they weren't really the ones bugging me all night. No, it was Teddy, my male cat who is incredibly needy. He literally kept me up all night long by sitting on my head, licking my hair, purring in my ear, nudging me to get under the blankets. Then at 5:30 this morning, the puppy decided she wanted outside. SERIOUSLY, GUYS...MOMMY IS TRYING TO SLEEP! I gave up at that point and just got up to start the day.

So, I figured I was behind on doing my Dare to get dirty challenges on SCS, so I'd do a few of those. NOTHING worked. So I just went simple with it and combined it with another challenge. LOL

Here is today's monstrosity (don't say I didn't warn you):


What I used: Impression Obsession stamp (LOVE this stamp, seriously), copic markers, Bazzil CS, SU CS, shimmery CS, Basic Grey PP, glossy accents, Copic spica glitter pens, stickles, perfect layers tool, ticket corner punch, ribbon, stick on pearls (and look at that goofy eyelet. It was left over from something else I was trying with this card and I wasn't going to re-do it...AGAIN.)

Anyway, I'm off to work until late tonight. With no sleep. I'm certain I will be VERY unpleasant at work. But thanks for stopping by...sorry to assault your eyes. LOL



7 comments:

Little C's Creations said...

Jenn, try adding some glitter to the cupcake toppings.... oh wait! you did... LOL!! never mind. Uhhh.. you did great coloring it though. Maybe later, you'll have the urge to take it apart, and use the image on another layout. I have days like this - infact, I will be posting a card that I was a bleh about.. soon. I have a class today, so I don't want to let people know how ugly creativity can be for me at times...LOL - or else my kits won't sell!!

Ok, have a good day at work (or at least try to).

Hugs,
Jen

Cindy Haffner said...

So yummy love those cupcakes. You will miss your hubby but at least you have your critters.

Jen Glover said...

You are right, that stamp is sooo great!!!! FUN!!! Hang in there sweetie!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh stop! I should be a card-making genius then since I am perpetually tired!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer you are too funny and way too hard on yourself! Your card is adorable. It is so beautifully colored and I love the shimmer. Hope you get some sleep tonight! lol

Risa said...

What a beautiful card and that stamp is so yummy...I love it!

Lee said...

Oh what a fun cupcake image!! And your coloring of them is wonderful!! I know what you mean about starting over.....again and again!! LOL We are our own worst critics though!! I'm typing right now with one of our kitties on my hands!! LOL Oh yeah.......furbabies are cute and fun........but sometimes..........LOLOLOL!!