17 July 2008

Dutch Dare Challenge 6

This is week 6 of our Dutch Dare Card Challenges! This week our sponsor is 7kidscollegefund, the challenge is to make a card using something that can be found in the web-store.

Easy enough, right? She carries a lot of things in that store! I used
Sarah Kay-Picnic of Daisies stamp, Glimmer Mist, Scor-Pal, and Spellbinders Nestabilities dies as well as my Cuttlebug which she also sells.

Now, on to the card. WHICH I don't like. I would like it but *sigh* I dropped my sewing machine the other day. SPLAT! right in the middle of the floor. And now the tension is ALL out of whack. I've tried everything I can think of to get it back but nothing is working. I think it is lost to the other world now and that I'll just need to go out and buy a Sew-Mini AND a new fabric sewing machine. heee Maybe later...anyway the card:

See how horrible the stitching is? Yes, I can't FIX that. So annoying. So, for the purposes of time and because I didn't want to alter my plans, you get the slightly horrific version. Once I have my new Sew-Mini, I will be ripping off that cute image and my cute flowers and re-doing it with the pretty stitches.

Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

She is so sweet and your stitching is fine, love it.

Little C's Creations said...

I know what you're talking about, because my machine does the same damn thing - but frick, I didn't even drop it. Now I'm thinking I should - so I too can get me a Sew-Mini... tee hee... Love your card though, them SK's are sooooo cute!!! I finally got my order, and got to work on 1. Don't you just love how crisp and detailed the image is? Love it!!! Thanks for sharing....

Hugs,
Jen

Donna Baker said...

ahhh, you're too hard on yourself! I think it looks just great!! Remember, if it looks perfect, it may not look handmade, after all we are not perfect!~

Mary Dawn said...

i'm actually loving the shabby stitching, and that sarah kay stamp...i love it

Lee said...

Oh you are waaaaaaay too hard on yourself!! I LOVE the look of this card!! It's handmade beauty and looks like perfect distressing shabby chic!!!! And gorgeous colors!!! I don't have a sewing machine to sew on cards....someday....but I think it's a talent that I do not have naturally and would take a ton of cardstock to learn on!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous stitching....it actually looks like picot embroidery and is very pretty. Are you using a standard machine or one of those little novelty ones? Start over from the beginning. Reset all your settings back..stitch width, needle pos, tension knob. Pull out the bobbin and make sure nothing is tangled. Thread your machine and sew on scraps first at tension 1, 2, .......up to it looks like normal. Check the back side of your scrap to make sure you don't have poodle fringe.

Bonnie said...

Oh, don't even get me started on sewing machines....grrrr.....I think it looks great-looks like it was meant to happen that way!! Love the colours and a with this little image??.....can't go wrong!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Super cute card Jennifer! Love the colors, the DP, even the stitching! TFS!