03 June 2008

Continuing with the flower obsession.


hee!

So a little bit ago, I won a blog candy at Allison's blog of some new stamps from the Little Paper Shop! Well, I got them the other day and one of the shapes looked sort of like a flower (maybe it is?) anyway, I decided that it would be a flower and so I thought a while on how to do it. I stamped it in some spring-y colors but it really wasn't thrilling me so I picked up my Earth elements stamp pads and went through to find some that I thought would layer well. I picked Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust. I also decided that I needed a dark color and while the Chocolate Chip was too dark, my Close to Cocoa was juuuust right. The only thing was, I couldn't decide what to do to get a stem. I cut out some ribbon and that didn't work for me. So I just drew in a stem with a prisma pencil. :D The colors of the flower went well with some Basic Grey archaic papers but the extreme whiteness of the image area just wasn't making me happy with the brightness so I sponged over it with some Distress Ink from Ranger.

While it took me a while to figure out everything that was going wrong with my plan, I'm fairly pleased with the outcome.

Thanks for stopping by here today!

10 comments:

Mary Dawn said...

you distressed...those are almost SPLATTERS!!!! i see you LOL

Jennifer Love said...

I can splatter...I just dun like it. hehe!

Allison Rankin said...

Wow Jennifer...thanks for some added inspiration with this set. I am so duplicating this!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous! I love the flower! I thought it was vellum ones!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love this! Reminds me of a dream catcher with the edging effect on the tent topper! Great card...love what you did with this set!

Julia said...

I love what you did with the "splatter" LOL!!! It looks awesome as a flower....from now on I'm going to pretend I intended it to be a flower and not a splatter!

Bonnie said...

Fabulous! What a way to stamp out of the box!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lookin' so good.

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous and I added it to UNUSUAL FINDS sidebar.

Beth M said...

I love this card! I thought the flower portion was cut from some beautiful patterned paper. Now that I know you stamped it I like it even more!