23 May 2008

See, what I am doing is...

I am using up all my previously purchased stamps that I haven't inked yet so that I can justify to my DH that I need MORE. Although I did order some from Verve Visual last night. hee!

Anyway, I just love, love this stamp set from Gina K. But! Again, I hadn't used it. Well, I think I used one of the stamps once but I hadn't really used it. :)

I used Taylor's cupcake challenge sketch and put together this little card. It is a great sketch and soo versatile! I didn't know what direction to take this so I just started futzing around with stuff. And, so I made a few mistakes along the way (see the cuttlebug dots on the back of the card? Yeah, I glued down the bottom white border punch stuff first so I didn't want to emboss over it so I just did what I could and I'll stick down a piece of white paper on the inside to hide it) but meh, I think it turned out okay!


Stamps: Gina K. Baskets of Happiness

CS and papers: All CS is from Stampin' Up! Pattern paper is Amy Butler paper from K&Co

Ink: SU! basic black and StazOn

Accessories:
Martha Stewart border punch, Cuttlebug and Nestabilities and Swiss Dots embossing folder, mat pack and paper piercer, stick on pearls, Prisma pencils and OMS.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Taylor said...

So cute, Jennifer! I love the color combination and your coloring on the image is great! Thanks for playing the cupcake challenge...you're super speedy too!

Jill said...

What a beautiful card! You did a fabulous job with the challenge!

Mary Dawn said...

and yes, can we add images from this stamp set to my list of shit you gotta send me? hee...i love this card, but i especially love the photograph, very artsy fartsy

Rachel said...

The combination of the stripes, eyelet, and swiss dots is super adorable!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are justified! especially after creating this beautiful card. does he see what you do with that rubber?

Godelieve said...

What a wonderful combination!! Gorgeous card, great coloring.

Bonnie said...

I love this.....it is gorgeous! I have this stamp set and I absolutely love it....but I don't use it enough....thanks for more inspiration....!

Allison Rankin said...

Another winner! Great DP with this stamp here!